February 15, 2014

Smoothie Saturday: Raspberry Apple Ginger

Ooh, this smoothie was one of my favorites so far!

 Ingredients:

  • 1 Organic Pinata apple (or any apple, but I fell in love with this kind this week)
  • 1 c. organic frozen raspberries
  • A few small pieces of frozen avocado for creaminess
  • 1/2 c. water
  • Spinach (I didn't use much this time because I didn't have much left)
  • Grated frozen ginger



Again, I put it all in the mixing cup and blended with the stick blender. Because of the raspberry seeds and because the apple was fresh, this wasn't quite as smooth as the smoothies I normally make, but the flavor was incredible!

The combination of the sweetness and tartness from the apple and the spiciness of the ginger made this super refreshing!

This smoothie also made just enough for me this time. Katie wasn't home, so I didn't make enough for her.
This is the apple I used. I found them at Wegmans this week. They are a large and beautiful variety from Washington called Pinata (I don't know how to make an ~ on blogger). They are tart and sweet with a hint of tropical flavor.

The sweetness of the apple allowed me to forgo any added sweeteners this time; no honey or sucanat. That's a win in my book!

What are your favorite smoothie in add ins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...