July 04, 2016

Keeping My Toddler Busy: Color Sorting

There are a bajillion different ways to do this activity, this is just what we did using what we had on hand. It's one I want to try again when he gets a little bigger too.

Supplies:
Colorful things from around the house- I was sure to grab things that had only one color, so as not to be confusing.
Specific areas for child to sort the different colors- you could use containers or construction paper, but I used pieces of felt because that's what I had one hand.

This activity required a lot of modeling. Cai is already pretty good at identifying, and saying, the color blue, but not so much the others.
I put everything in an empty laundry basket and limited my items to red, orange, yellow, green, and blue.

 Steve and Cai have been working on a similar activity with M&M's, so I thought it might be a fun time to try this one.

More often than not though, Cai got it wrong, haha.

He also preferred to pretend to eat the toy food. (Disclaimer: These pictures are terrible examples of how a cloth diaper should be properly worn. It shouldn't be curling down like that because it causes leaks. I didn't want to stop the activity to fix his diaper though, so we just changed it afterward. Also, our central air is broken which is why he is wearing only a diaper in most of these posts.)



He got really excited when he found blue items!


This didn't keep him busy for very long and it provided me with more toys to put back in their respective places, but it was fun for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...