June 05, 2012

End of the School Year Crazy

It's that time of year. The last few weeks of school. I'm sure I'm not the only person with a million things on my agenda. As a teacher, I have a million things here and at home. Don't get me wrong, most of these things are not stressful things. It's just the sheer volume of them.

Some of the highlights so far:


  • Our schools's spring program, a production of Esther-Ordinary Faith (the story of Esther). Personally, I think this was the most entertaining program we've done so far, filled with puns, jokes, and even some flirtations. I also think it more clearly stated its biblical message than any of the other ones I've been a part of. I created all of the costumes which was quite enjoyable, albeit stressful. Even the night of, there was lots of pinning and cutting and tucking and tying. Craziness.
  • My best pal came to visit! I can't tell you how much I needed this. She lives states away, and this is only the third time I have seen her since spending a week with her last year waiting for her firstborn to be born. Her husband couldn't join her this time, but her little boy did, and it was wonderful to see the two of them. We were able to snag two whole evenings together! It was a much needed time of fellowship. It's hard to believe that these posts were made not so long ago.
  • Currently, my house is filled with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law (Steve's younger sister), sister-in-law (Steve's brother's wife), nephew, and niece. It's a little hectic, but wonderful to have family visiting. I only wish I didn't have to work while they're here. Lauren, Steve's sister, will be moving in with us while attending college in the area. She needed to come for the weekend to start getting her room and bathroom painted and go to orientation at school. Everyone else came for the fun of it! Not only is it great to be with the grown ups, but I can tell you how nice it is to snuggle with my little niece (one month old) and watch Steve giggle with our nephew (1 1/2 yrs). I LOVE it.
  • My birthday is tomorrow, and although I'm not particularly looking forward to it, we are having a family get together (not directly related to my birthday, but who cares) with my mom's side of the family. There were potato balls, gravy, and children, oh my! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...