June 02, 2012

Things I've Tried from Pinterest: How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Baggie

This pin is a delicious and simple concept. Make a small amount ice cream in a plastic bag. No ice cream maker necessary. The recipe came from 2 Little Hooligans.I've tried it three or four times.

What I used:

  • Everything the recipe called for.
  • I made a cinnamon ice cream by adding cinnamon.
  • Chocolate version by adding cocoa
  • Coconut version by adding coconut extract.
What I like about it:
  • No ice cream maker needed.
  • I can make a single serving of ice cream, no need to feel like I'm overeating or having to freeze the rest.
  • I know what's in it. Simple straightforward ingredients.
  • It's totally customizable. I can try new flavors all the time.
  • It was kind of fun to shake the bag up.
  • It's yummy.
Concerns:
  • Messy: One of my Ziplocks leaked getting salty water everywhere. Even when it wasn't leaking the condensation was everywhere.
  • Melts very quickly.
  • You can't make a large amount using this method.
  • It's really cold shaking that bag!
  • It uses a lot of salt.
I would definitely do this again, and I look forward to trying more flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...