What I used:
What I like about it:
- The obvious. It's a dairy free alternative.
- It's easy, with simple ingredients I usually have in the house.
- It's yummy and rich.
- My results with it have not been consistent. I don't know if it relates to the temperature of the coconut milk or what, but it has turned out differently both times.
- It's almost too sweet and rich. In order to get a good consistency, I have to add a ton of sugar and cocoa.
- The consistency is not the same as regular frosting. It really is more like a mousse.
- You have to prepare ahead by keeping the coconut milk in the fridge.
Like I said, I plan to try this again, but unless I am specifically making cupcakes for, say, my cousin who is lactose and gluten intolerant. I would possibly use it as an actual mousse with a ton of whip cream on top. I definitely would have a glass of milk with it!