May 06, 2012

Baby Gifts

Not being able to have my own children, for the time being at least, I have taken it on as my job to make things for other people's babies. Whether it be booties, headbands, tie dyed onesies, blankets, sweaters, I've made tons. My most recent project was for my new niece, Eliana Grace. Isn't that a beautiful name? 
I recently purchased the book Little Crochet by Linda Permann. It has a lot of great crochet projects for babies and toddlers. My only complaint is that the projects for boys are kind of dorky, but that wasn't a problem this time. 

For Eliana, I made a little crochet dress. The nice thing about the patterns in the book is that there are numbers for multiple sizes. I made Eliana's in the smallest size possible. I also stitched crocheted flowers onto the dress instead of embroidering them. 

I tend to get very impatient when I can see the end of a crochet project drawing near and often end it a little to early. This was one of those times. After I did, I quickly realized that the dress would be far too short, so I added some length by stitching on the inside of the skirt.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I used and acrylic baby yarn, but if I do it again, I think I'll use a soft cotton. I was afraid it would be too big, but she was born a little chunker, so I think it will fit before it gets too cold to wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...