May 05, 2012

Things I've Tried from Pinterest: Crocheted "Swiffer Sock"

This is one of the best things on my "Tips and Tricks" Pinterest board, although I can't say that I found it on Pinterest (like the last "Things I've Tried from Pinterest" post) because I think I posted it directly from the blog where I found it (which, by the way, I highly recommend).

This pin is a pattern from Crafzine.com's blog for a crocheted reversible "Swiffer Sock."

What I used:

  • Lion Brand Yarn Homespun I had some laying around and I thought the added texture would help it pick up more dust. I actually did it in similar colors as the picture
What I like about it:
  • The pattern was simple and easy to follow. I probably made several mistakes because the homespun is a little bit more difficult to work with, but this didn't seem to really affect my final product.
  • It works pretty well. Picks up quite a bit of dust, etc.
  • It is washable which means I'm not spending money on new Swiffer cloths or creating more garbage by throwing out used cloths.
  • It's reversible. I used the fluffy side for dry and the smooth side for wet.
Concerns:
  • My original plan was to make two, so I always had an extra if one was in the wash, but once the novelty wore off, I forgot to make another one, so if it's in the wash, I don't have it available.
  • I was right when I chose to use the Homespun yarn that it would pick up more junk. Unfortunately, some of that junk had stayed trapped in the fibers even after I washed the sock. I don't like that.
Overall, I love this pattern. I do use it, but not as often as I would like. If I made a second one, it would be perfect. I just have to actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...