March 17, 2011

Stress Baking

Tuesday was a bad day for me. I had a stressful day at work, a mix of normal stress and some yearbook drama, and I came home tired and frustrated and ready to crash. I decided to bake some cupcakes out of my new cookbook What's New, Cupcake? in an attempt to relax. Just after I got everything mixing nicely in the Kitchen Aid, my husband walks out of the bedroom (he had worked overnight the night before) and says "They'll be here in twenty minutes," then went downstairs to get ready.

"They" is our friend Anthony and his girlfriend. I knew they were coming, but thought they were coming the following evening. But of course, I was wrong. I left the mixer running, ran downstairs, threw clothes in the hamper, straightened the bathroom, and just generally scrambled. Steve walked out of the bathroom, and I promptly burst into tears.

I got over that quickly enough, enjoyed our time with Anthony and his girlfriend (even though she trounced us all at Crazy Game), and finished my cupcakes. What do you think of them?


The roses are made out of Laffy Taffy and were super easy to make. I majorly needed a touch of spring in my life, and these were just the trick! I love baking.

1 comment:

  1. those are adorable lorena!! laffy taffy?! who would have thought?!

    oh, and i'm with you on the bursting into tears thing...i'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened to me, too! glad it worked out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...