May 18, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 13 Weeks

 How far along: 13 Weeks, about 27 to go.

Showing: Definitely more now (see pictures)
5 weeks. I tried doing the whole silhouette picture, but ended up
hating it. It accentuated my double chin, thin hair,
and my chest looked like I had shoved balloons in my shirt.
Weight Gain: I wasn't going to include this in my updates, because I felt like I was gaining tons of weight. I did gain weight during the IVF...5 or more pounds. But, according to the scale, I have not gained anyway since getting pregnant. We'll see if the doctor's scale confirms that on Friday. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Haven't bought any more. I need to though. Maybe even some shirts now.

Food I'm Eating: Still can't always eat normally. I've eaten so many Enlish muffins lately that it's ridiculous. I am starting to crave fruit a bit. And kiwi strawberry Snapple.

Things that Make me Sick: This week was a weird week. Some days I felt a little better, and for the most part I'm slightly less sick during the day. But I've also had my most sick days this week. I had a couple days where I puked three times. I had a couple tension headaches that accentuated my nausea. That and my allergies are getting worse (sore throat and cough from post nasal drip) and the coughing makes me gag and usually I can't help but puke after that.
12 weeks 2 days. Can't hold my belly in anymore.
Forgive the unfortunate position of my right hand. :o)
The funniest thing that made me sick this week was this video I watched on Facebook making fun of girls trying to get into pants that are too small. In the end of the video she starts cramming lettuce into her mouth. Lettuce makes me gag normally, but watching it almost made me throw up!

Other symptoms: Some "acne." I say that loosely because I normally have really clear skin, so any pimples seem like a break out. Three on my temple at once seems like major acne. Plus I'm noticing little pimples in other places like my arms and my belly. Also, I'm still EXHAUSTED. Always.

Pregnancy Brain: I keep forgetting what I'm going to say. I also searched through my purse for my keys for a few minutes only to find them hooked around my pinky.

Miss anything? Not feeling sick all the time. My energy. 

Best moment: Shopping yard sales with Steve yesterday. We didn't really find anything we were looking for, but we had a good time. The weekend always seems longer when he has the whole weekend off.
13 weeks. I couldn't believe
the change just from the beginning of the week.
Movement: Not yet, though sometimes I swear some of the gas bubbles I have are really movement.

Gender: Don't know yet, but I feel like it's a boy. We'll find out in about a month. 

Happy or moody most of the time?: Usually happy, though I have been struggling with weepiness in the mornings and a shorter temper right before lunch time. We also just found out today that the people whose offer we accepted on the house sold theirs much faster than expected, and we will need to be out by July 15th. That means we have about two months to find a new house and move out. All in the last month of school. There are quite a few family issues that need to be figured out between now and then (my sister lives with us and will need to make plans; we need to figure out how to relocate my grandfather's wine cellar...), so that's stressful too. Plus, I'm feeling guilty for selling my grandparents' house. I'm thankful that we had more time here than expected (the house has been on the market since October) and that Walmart's relocation program actually does all of the packing and moving for us, but if I don't look at all of this in a matter-of-fact-get-things-done way, I will be an emotional wreck for the next two months.

6 comments:

  1. Lorena, you are ADORABLE!! Thank you so much for posting a belly pic, because I've been dying to see you in person and a picture at least makes it feel like I'm sort of seeing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I love seeing the pictures! Miss you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in case you aren't sure which of the Meg's this might be...its Megan Greer...my crazy security settings apparently won't even let me click on my name to see who it is...

      Delete
    2. I love you too! Can't wait to see you, hopefully, in a few months!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...