February 08, 2013

Recently I'm...

I've seen a few of these floating around the blog world, and I thought it would be fun to do my own.

Trying to: Drastically change my diet, which has been both easier and more difficult than I thought it would be. Easy at home, difficult with extra things like eating out or treats at school.


Using: Baking soda and vinegar to wash my hair. The excitement is wearing off.

Wearing: Shoes my hubby got me for Christmas. I already owned a pair in red and raved about how comfortable and cute they were, so he got me the same pair in black and brown. I think they're called Aerosoles.

Planning: An at home date for Steve and me. Today (the 7th when I'm actually writing this), though I'm sure he doesn't remember, marks nine years that we have been together. Not sure exactly what tonight will entail other than a picnic on the living room floor.

Singing: All morning long I had been singing a few different worship songs, but as soon as I read the word singing, the only song that comes to mind is that dumb commercial "Bring me back that filet 'o fish, bring me that fish..." Ugh!

Learning: Patience, as per usual.

Listening to: My "Music for the Classroom" mix on Pandora. I developed it for the kids' independent reading time, but it's so relaxing that I listen to it on my own too. Currently it's "Piano Sonata No. 13 in B Flat Major," but recently a piano version of "Smells like Teen Spirit" played!

Dreaming of: Getting away for awhile. Just me, Steve, and the dog. It's probably not going to happen any time soon, but I would surely love it.

Enjoying: Homemade hummus and whole wheat pita.

Reading: Anne of the Island, book three in the Anne of Green Gables series. Steve got me the set for Christmas, and I am loving re-reading it. I'm also a few pages into Son by Lois Lowry, the conclusion to The Giver. Oh, and I'm reading Jesus Calling.

Loving: The cookies I made with sucanat, whole wheat flour, organic chocolate bars, and raw yogurt. 

Ecstatic about: The possible snow storm this weekend. Even without a snow day, I love snow storms. Especially when Steve has off and we will be able to be together.


Struggling with: Hmm, which one to pick. Trusting God about having a baby. I have finished four rounds of Clomid, and, although it seems to have worked in causing me to ovulate, I did not get pregnant. And now my cycles seem to have stopped. Ug. I have to MOMENT BY MOMENT give it over to God. Every time I try to come up with a plan, or analyze something, or obsess, I can almost audibly hear God say, "Trust me." Easier said than done.
Charlie O'Malley, the day Lauren got him.
I'm also struggling with patience as we have a new dog in the house. A seven or eight month old puppy, who we've been told is any of multiple breads, including, but not limited to: American, English, and French bulldog (not seeing the French at all), pug, boxer, pit bull, shar pei, and the list seems to keep growing. His name is Charlie O'Malley, and he was a Christmas gift to Steve's sister from us. Adjusting to a second dog (no matter how well behaved), and the way he and Finn behave together (Nuts, just nuts. Constant wrestling), and the added poop in the yard, and doing a great deal of dealing with the two dogs together by myself (as Lauren has classes and works late and Steve works late), is more difficult than I thought. I wanted a distraction, but this is bigger than I thought. I'm hoping it improves though because Lauren just bought Charlie a new big crate (he was using the one Finn never used because he knocked it down on himself all the time) and we are using the other as a  "Time out box" in the living room for when they get too crazy. 


Thankful for: My new washer and dryer (a big Christmas present from my amazing husband)!

Practicing: Having daily chores that need to be completed.

Wishing: For a baby.

Making: Potato soup.

Watching: The dogs wrestle. Again. 

Looking forward to: A time when these two hooligans will snuggle together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...