February 07, 2013

No 'Poo Days 4-6

Here's my update on this whole no 'poo thing. If you didn't read the beginning, you can here.


Day 4: Today I used both the baking soda and the vinegar. I also added a bit more baking soda to the baking soda wash. I don't like that it's hard to know if I put enough in because it feels like I'm just adding water. Using the vinegar rinse really helped with that coarse, unconditioned feeling I didn't like yesterday. It separated the strands and made them feel smoother. My hair today is super curly and bouncy. I keep thinking I smell vinegar, but I think it's just on my hands. I actually had a student tell me I smell good today as I walked past, so if I do smell like vinegar, it can't be that bad. Once my hair dried completely it did have a bit of a greasy look just on the top, but I sprinkled some baking soda on it and that took care of it.

Day 5: I hate the way my hair looks today. However, I'm not sure how much of that is due to the lack of shampoo and how much is due to the fact that a) I am in the awkward stage of growing my hair out, and b)I need a trim. I don't think it feels particularly greasy or dry or anything, it just didn't curl nicely. I wanted to try straightening it this morning because at this length it looks better straightened, but I didn't wake up early enough.

Day 6: Today was the most frustrating day yet. I washed my hair with the baking soda wash, then did the vinegar rinse. I thought I'd try straightening it like I did on day two. Bad idea. It was disgusting. There was no way I was going to work like that. So I stopped half way through and washed it with baking soda again, then let it dry naturally. It felt so gross. It felt waxy, like I had rubbed crayons in my hair. Ew.
However, the curls dried nicely, at least in the front, with pretty ringlets. The top looked greasy, so I sprinkled some baking soda in it, and now I think it looks better than it did yesterday. I really came close to using shampoo today though. Like, really. The picture above is from today. It was taken with my phone, so the quality is horrible, but you get the idea...curls look nice, but you can see it's a little stringy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...