April 07, 2011

When I Grow Up...

When I grow up, I want to be like Olivia Walton. The Walton's is on the Hallmark Channel after school, and I've been watching it often. We always watched it growing up, but I never paid much attention to Olivia. Now that I'm watching the show as a married woman, I see in her what I'd like my future children to see in me; a godly woman who served her husband and her family. She was strong willed and had a temper, but she knew what Scripture meant when it called for wives to submit to their husbands. She lived out her faith by loving everyone who she met.




She was also an amazing homemaker. As we make plans to buy this house, I am constantly looking forward to making it our own. I am looking forward to cleaning! I know, crazy, right? I am looking forward to baking more, cooking more, crafting more. And if I could do it all in lovely, but practical dress, how much better would that be?!

Do I have any amazing friends who, if I bought a pattern like this, would be willing to make me some dresses for the summer like these? I'd buy the pattern and all the fabric? I'm crafty, but I can't use a sewing machine for my life. Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...