April 02, 2011

Victory!

The closet  is behind the door.
Organized closet.
I'm pooped. So pooped, in fact, that at first I typed "popped." I feel like I got a lot accomplished today. I slept in, had breakfast with my grandparents, coffee with my parents and grandparents, changed my sheets, organized the closet in the upstairs bathroom (the first thing I have officially moved in upstairs-see the back story here), unpacked two rubbermaid containers that were filled with sheets, towels, and curtains in storage, washed some blankets that were packed away, made four new headbands, photographed those headbands, photographed my tie dyed onesies, stenciled another onesie, made what feels like 100 new listings in my Etsy shop, and ate dinner with my parents. Oh, and danced in the living room and vacuumed upstairs.

One of the new headbands.
This is a small victory for me. One of the sins I struggle with the most is laziness. It affects every aspect of my life, but particularly my relationship with Steve (and obviously my relationship with Christ). It has always been a challenge for me to make myself do anything on Saturdays, no matter how messy the house is. But a few days ago, as Steve and I were sitting in the living room, and I was observing the things around the room that needed cleaning, I commented to Steve that, although the room was a mess, I was pleased that it wasn't because of my laziness. This sounds strange, but it was so true (Steve even agreed). There are times, often, that I get busy and cleaning is the last thing on my list, but for several weeks now, I've gotten much better about using my time wisely. I've pulled myself away from playing dumb games on Facebook, watching hours of television, and playing games on my cell phone, and have spent more time doing laundry, vacuuming, folding clothes, and baking (which can also be a time waster for me). Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying I don't do those time wasting things EVER, I've just stopped spending all of my time doing those things.

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me, it is a small victory over a sin that causes me frustration and often shame. I'm sure this sin, unfortunately, will pull me down, or try to, again, but right now I'm feeling excited about this victory!


PS. The dancing in the living room was because I discovered the World Beats station on Pandora. It's an awesome mix of mostly instrumental music from all over the world. Most of what I listened to was Spanish, Jamaican, and African. It was great! Don't know why I hadn't discovered this station earlier. I highly recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...