January 12, 2011

New Year, New Goals

So, I cannot remember the last time that I wrote in this blog. I can clearly go back and see the date, but the point is, it was so long ago, that I don't even remember doing it. I've been living in our current residence for almost a year, and I don't think I have written in my blog even once since we moved here. Correction, I have.


This presents a problem for several reasons.


  1. I am an English teacher, and I am doing little to no personal writing right now. This is not to say I am not writing at all; I am in the process of trying to write a novel. I haven't gotten much further than research and a few pages of ideas, but I have written (Also, if you're interested, the essay I just had published can be read in this book).

    But my blog is an entirely different type of writing. It's like exercise. It's a way of giving the non-teacher side of my brain some exercise. In my blog I get to show people that I am more than just an English teacher or a small group leader or a dork (guaranteed most of you have me classified into one of these three categories). Rather, I am someone who has this constant stream of creativity bursting out of me in the form of hats, scarves, gloves, slippers, glasses, mugs, blankets, clothing, buttons, and even a few times now baby-mobiles. Unfortunately, I am also someone who struggles constantly with the sins of laziness and procrastination (for sins are exactly what they are), and writing blogs is the extra thing that gets pushed from my list when I realize I haven't done the things that I'm supposed to do and scramble to get them done (on a related note, I have recently become convinced that I have mild ADD). All this to say that I need to begin to do some personal writing to express this side of myself.

  2. I am determined to get my blog noticed and have it support and coordinate with my craft business. I obviously cannot do this if I am not writing in it.

  3. I have so many ideas and projects going on in my brain and in my living room, not all of which can be translated into an item for my LQ Designs Etsy store. This is an outlet for me to share those projects and ideas with others.


The obvious solution to these problems is to start writing in my blog. That being said, in the next couple weeks, expect to see some more postings, and don't be surprised if you see some that are detailing projects or events that happened a year or more ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...