January 16, 2010

Special Request

This week I got a special request to crochet a toddler hat based on a picture. This was really exciting for me because I've really been enjoying doing more crocheting, but I was getting sick of making slippers. Plus, this hat is adorable; I wish I could claim that it was my idea! Now that I've made this one though, I'm going to try to come up with some others with a similar style but my own spin on them.

This is the original picture...

And this is the one I made...

Now obviously this person has more talent for taking pictures; I still have a lot to learn in that area, but I think I did a pretty good job matching the design. The funny part is, other than the light pink, I already had all of these colors at home.


Here are some close ups of the hat...

If you have any ideas or requests for anything, let me know! I'm excited about trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...