- Go from laying down to sitting on his own.
- Belly crawl, with a smidge of real crawling. And he's REALLY fast.
- Fall asleep on his own without the swaddle. You DON'T EVEN KNOW what a a big deal this is. It took two horrible naps with lots of screaming and crying and sweating, but I can now lay him down awake, leave the room, and know that he'll fall asleep. It's so cute to see the different positions he sleeps in now!
- Blow raspberries.
- Understand "no." He doesn't obey most of the time, but he clearly knows what it means.
- Swallow more of the food he puts in his mouth. Before it was mostly just tasting things, chewing them and then spitting them out. Now he swallows most of it.
- Eat; new foods include:
- Yogurt (we're going to wait on trying that again...we think it gave him MAJOR gas which is rare for him)
- Grilled cheese
- Ciabatta pizza (made entirely with ingredients from the farmer's market and local milk store)
- French toast
- Plum Organics Super Puffs, super purples
- Organic teething cookies
- Apple sauce
- Climb up small steps.
- Grab Finn's bone.
Sleep: Six months has been the hardest so far. We had some nights where he was up every hour. Other nights were he was up for two hours at a time. And some where he was up around 1:30, went back down, and then would wake every ten minutes, giving Mama just
Likes: Cai's favorite things right now are:
- Chasing Finn around to try to steal his bone.
- Chasing Finn around in general, especially if someone is carrying him around. He laughs SO HARD.
- Getting into EVERYTHING.
- Mama singing "Skinamarinky Dinky Dink"
- The wood stove. This little stinker chooses the most dangerous spot in the house to play.
- Mama's dirtiest shoes.
- When Finn walks in front of the stroller on walks.
- Being on Mama's back in the Beco carrier.
- Uncle Tyler's computer.
- Spending extra time with Daddy. Steve was out of work for six weeks+ and the extra time they had together was wonderful.