January 07, 2015

Ideas for the New Year

Ah! My mind is buzzing and flitting from idea to idea right now. My fingers are itching to crochet. I barely did any crocheting during my pregnancy. I don't know why because while trying to become pregnant, I made all sorts of things. It was therapy for me. Whenever someone announced a pregnancy, I coped by making them something. Every time I thought I was pregnant I would make things for our future baby (which is why Cai has two baby blankets and I have more stored away). But during my pregnancy, I didn't make much.

But suddenly, I have so many ideas I don't know where to start. Last night I messaged me best friend, who is expecting baby #3, her first girl, and told her to find some ideas on Pinterest for things she wanted me to make for baby girl. I had made things for her first two, including a baby blanket for each of them, so I want to make some things for baby girl too. She sent me a bunch of ideas last night which started me on a Pinterest search, and I found tons of ideas.

Which leads me to a plan I mentioned her on my blog months ago. I'd link to the post I mentioned it in, but I don't even remember when I said it. I want to open my Etsy store again. Actually, I want to open a new Etsy store. I had planned to open it in June, but then I got pregnant and it never happened. This time though, I don't want to do any custom orders; I want to build up some product, list it all, and add new things as I make them. No pressure, No deadlines, Just creating. I know it sounds crazy with a new baby, but if I set aside some time during naps or after bedtime, I can get significant amounts done at a time. I also have some stock already that I have set aside to give as gifts, but I can list those too. And I have the perfect name for it, which I'm not going to share now, but I will if I can get this going again.

Mainly this post is just to blurt out all of my ideas and tentative plans, but I'd also like to know what kinds of crocheted things you would buy. Not just baby things either. Tell me your thoughts and ideas! In the next few weeks I' m going to try to set a date for myself to get this all officially started and maybe even plan a giveaway and a grand opening! Ah! I'm so excited.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...