September 22, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 31 Weeks

How far along: 31 weeks! 6 to go until I'm full term, 9 until I'm a full 40 weeks

Showing: I'm huge. At my shower we played a game where people had to cut a string to the length it would take to go around my belly, and everyone guessed bigger. My aunt guessed TWICE as long as it really needed to be.



Weight Gain: 22 lbs.  I'm definitely gaining faster now, but I still feel fairly good about the total. My face and legs are blowing up like balloons!

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Food I'm Eating/Craving: Pumpkin bread and perogies, but none of these are major cravings. I'm having a hard time drinking enough water this week.

Things that Make me Sick: The doctor says the gagging and nausea I'm still experiencing is probably from reflux at this point. She gave me some suggestions for things that would help including papaya which has an enzyme that can reduce acid. Pretty cool.

Other symptoms: Round ligament pain in my lower belly when I walk. It's not every day, but when I have it it's REALLY painful. The belly band I bought really helps. I'm definitely having a harder time sleeping between the Restless Leg Syndrome and general aches (not to mention the bed-hogging dog and the snoring husband). Fatigue. 

Pregnancy Brain: Just little things.

Miss anything? Energy. Not waking up to pee multiple times.

Best moment: My baby shower was this week, and it was wonderful. It was so nice to see everyone, and I felt so blessed!

Movement:  He's definitely getting stronger, and more people have been able to feel him now including my dad, Steve's mom and sisters, and Steve's cousin's daughter. 

Gender: It's a boy! Cai Alexander.

Happy or moody most of the time?: Mood swings and anxiety are WAY better right now. Plus, things are back in order in the house and the nursery is on its way to being finished (all thanks to Katie), so it's easier to be relaxed. I feel like I can really enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

Getting Ready for Cai: The walls and trim are painted; clothes and blankets are washed and put away; the closet is on its way to being organized. I'll be sharing how I made his mobile soon as well as the alphabet wall I'm putting up above his dresser, so you can look for that in upcoming posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...