September 07, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 29 Weeks

How far along: 29 weeks. About 11ish to go 


Showing: Am I ever! My mom keeps saying, "You look like you're ready to go!" Thanks, Mom.



Weight Gain: I think 16 lbs., but I'm not sure.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. I've been wearing Steve's gym shorts often. He doesn't like that. And today I'm wearing a  maternity tank that was mom's. I found it years ago and saved it!

Food I'm Eating/Craving: Chocolate milkshakes. Sweets. Pumpkin spice anything. Everything. I'm hungry all the time.

Things that Make me Sick: I throw up or gag every time I bend over. Getting wash in and out of the dryer is torture. I'm generally sick in the morning too.

Other symptoms: I've got quite a bit of back pain, upper and lower. Sleeping is difficult between getting up to pee and arm/shoulder pain on whatever side I'm sleeping on. I'm tired and nauseous again, like my first trimester. I'm hot constantly. My blood pressure seems to have gone back down to what it was pre-pregnancy which was low, but still normal (it has generally been right around perfect during pregnancy, but even that is higher than normal for me). Still struggling with some anxiety/fidgetiness especially in the evening when my legs get restless. Oh, and I'm convinced that I smell ALL THE TIME. Between being hot and all of the hormones, I feel like I smell as soon as I get out of the shower.

Pregnancy Brain: Let's see; I left the oven on once; I left my purse in the car when I went into Panera; I left my purse at Subway and didn't realize it until I got home. And I keep finding half finished glasses of water all over the house, but I think Katie and Steve have something to do with that too.

Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach or back. 

Best moment: I honestly can't think of a particular moment right now. I've generally just been content most of the time. 

Movement:  Constantly. I swear this boy is trying to push his way out of my side. Sometimes you can see a lump on my belly from his head or his butt pushing against me. He's quite a stinker. My mom has finally felt him move which made her SUPER happy. Last night he kept kicking my bladder so hard that it hurt significantly. It freaked me out a little bit, but he must have shifted again through the night because not only did he stop hurting me, but I also didn't have to pee as often last night.

Gender: It's a boy! Cai Alexander.

Happy or moody most of the time?: Other than occasionally feeling restless and like I'm going to crawl out of my skin, I have been less moody lately. I'm a little irritable, but have only had one night in the past two weeks when I wanted to (and did) burst into tears.

Getting Ready for Cai: My house is currently ATROCIOUS. There isn't really a clean room in the house. We've got baby stuff and the baby's dresser in the living room. The dining room table is covered with stuff that we have pulled from other places in the house that either needs to find a new home or be donated or trashed. Katie's bedroom (future nursery) is torn apart because she's getting ready to move out of it. The spare bedroom (Katie's future room) is being painted, and she has torn all of the carpet up in order to start putting some hardwood laminate flooring down (that's why there's no belly photo this week. The mirror has moved to an inconvenient spot). Some of the furniture from that room is spilling into the hallway. The bathrooms are tolerable, but haven't been cleaned well because we've been focusing on other things, Same for our bedroom. The basement is getting there. And the laundry room is today's goal. I'm on my third or fourth load of regular laundry today. I've been behind because I spent the past week washing couch covers, curtains, throw pillows/blankets, chair covers, etc. I feel like things are progressing, but it's a little overwhelming how much we need to do to get things back in order. SO thankful for Katie and Steve and Tyler (although he's getting paid), and my mom says she'll help me out later this week. Phew! *Since I first started writing this, Katie has nearly finished the flooring, so we will be moving furniture this week and hopefully beginning to paint Cai's room!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...