January 21, 2014

Liebster Award

Logan, of With Great Expectation who I mention yesterday, nominated me for a Liebster award (liebster means something to the extent of dearest or darling in German), a blogging award that bloggers give to each other. Thanks Logan! I had never heard of it before, so I looked it up. The best explanation of it I found was on the blog Sopphey Says. Read it here for more details. Basically, it's the same concept as a chain letter, but with the goal (in my opinion) of encouraging other bloggers and getting to know them in a new way. It's also a great way to discover some new blogs. So i decided to participate. Below are the questions I had to answer. Below that are the blogs I'm nominating to receive the award and the directions. Feel free to not participate, but I thought it was kind of fun!
1) What inspired you to start blogging? Originally, my inspiration to start blogging was simply to share some of the creative ideas I had. I needed an outlet to share them with others. That inspiration changed after a year or two into a desire to share my struggle with infertility and the lessons that it is teaching me. 
2) If you were a season, what season would you be and why? I think I would be fall. It's so colorful and full of energy with a little bit of the warmth of summer left and a hint of winter to come. I like to think of myself as a colorful person.
3) What is your absolute dream job? Right now my dream job would be being a stay at home mom. I can't wait to spend my time teaching, training, and loving a little one.
4) If you could plan your perfect day, what would it consist of from start to finish? My perfect day would probably start with sleeping in then breakfast out with my husband. Then I guess I would enjoy exploring something new with him like a new city, a museum, or a unique store. There'd be a nap and reading time in the middle, and it would end with dinner (Thai food or German potato dumplings) and playing cards or a game with my family and a few friends. 
5) Coffee or tea? For twenty one years I did not like coffee. Now I like a cup to start my day, more for the warmth and the flavor (I use a lot of sugar and cream which is a habit I need to break) than for the caffeine. But throughout the day I prefer tea. Lately I've been enjoying spearmint and fruit flavored teas without any cream and with a pinch of sugar (German rock sugar).
6) What is your all-time favorite movie? I have several that I love, but if I had to pick one go to movie that I could watch at any moment of the day it would be the newest version of Pride and Prejudice. There's just something about it that I love.
7) If you could pick anywhere in the world to visit, where would you go and why? Germany and Slovakia with my grandparents before they get too old to travel. I would love to see their homeland and meet family members I've never met before.
8) What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Christmas Eve. I love getting ready for church because we always dress up a little more than on a normal Sunday. I love singing "Silent Night" by candle light at the end of the service. We usually order Chinese food and eat it and open presents with my family after church. Then Steve and I give each other one present, new pajamas for Christmas Eve. And because Steve had to work overnight Christmas night for a few years, we started the tradition of staying up really late and watching Christmas movies together. 
9) What household chore do you enjoy the least? Dishes. We even have a dishwasher, and I still hate it. I also hate putting away laundry. I have no problem washing it, drying, and even folding it, but I hate putting it away.
10) If you were a Disney princess, who would you be and why? This is a hard one for me. I guess I identify the most with Belle because I love to read, but I'm definitely more social than Belle.
11) What is your favorite quality about yourself? I'm open. I'm willing to talk about things and bare it all. I don't think everyone else thinks of it as a good quality, and it's definitely one I need to be careful with, but overall, I like it.
That’s all for the questions! If you’ve been nominated, and if you decide to accept the nomination, here is what you need to do:
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Answer the questions I just asked.
4) Nominate as many blogs as you like.
5) Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
6) List these rules in your post (you are welcome to copy and paste from here.)
Once you accept the award by writing and publishing your acceptance speech (AKA: the answers to the above questions), you need to let the bloggers you nominated know that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
My nominees:
I'd encourage you to check out these blogs and tell them you read about them here.
My Questions:
1. What is one activity you've always wanted to try but never have?
2. What is your favorite scripture verse or story from the Bible?
3. When you were a little girl, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
4, If you were stranded on a deserted island what  book, CD, and snack food would you wish you had with you?
5. What is your dream car?
6. If you had to relocate to another state, which state would you pick?
7. What is your favorite snow day treat?
8. If you had a dollar to blow, what would you blow it on?
9. What is your favorite book from childhood?
10. Which of the Disney Princes is your favorite?
Those questions were far more difficult to come up with than I thought they would be. Anyway, I thought this was a fun little snow day activity. Stay warm today!

1 comment:

  1. We both have the same dream job! I love your answers to all the questions, and I'm so happy you are blogging a little lately!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...