April 20, 2011

Dining Room

I guess it's been awhile since the last time I posted anything about my (our) plans for the house, but I saw some ideas today and wanted to see if anyone had opinions or suggestions.


I was thinking about the dining room (look here for an overview) and about how in the world we will fill it. I LOVE our dining room table, but other than that and the THREE, yes three, chairs we have that don't match it, I don't know what else to put in there. I wanted to buy a hutch, but at this point I feel like we'll never be able to afford one. My grandmother has a hutch/china cabinet and buffet that she's selling that I had written off as not my taste, but I took some time to look at it the other day and realized that I actually like the set, plus they're much more in our price range than new ones would be. You can see them in these pictures.



They're a lighter wood than our table, but maybe we could revamp them like this...
 Or would it look better just refinished in a darker color stain? And how hard would that be? Anybody know? It's like glossy and majorly shellacked. 


I also really liked this artwork from BHG.com
You could do it with scrapbook paper or wallpaper samples. 

While looking at that, I also found this idea for cheap artwork which I like for our laundry room (which is the next room "before" I'll be posting. 
 

Please share thoughts and ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...