August 01, 2009

Marathon Running


I feel like I just ran a marathon. Probably not actually. I hate running and avoid it at all costs. My body type does not lend itself well to running. I hated running even when I was skinny. What I mean is, I feel like I just did a ton of work in a very short period of time. I had a new set of glasses to post on my etsy today, and wanted to get it done by midnight so that it would be included in my items that are showcased in the wedding section today.

Other than that, I worked at summer care today from 9-6, and we did an awesome craft. I did it myself in fourth grade. It was luau week this week, and I had such a fun time planning it. The best part was that I actually had kids in my age group this week, so I got to use the materials I planned. I'm totally tooting my own horn here, but I think I've done an awesome job of coordinating my Bible verses with the theme. This week we talked about how luaus are celebrations and read verses and stories about celebrations. Everything from celebrating every day the Lord has made to David dancing until his clothes fell off to the parable of the lost coin and knowing how much God celebrates when one of His children comes to Him. It was really fun.

For our craft today we made sand art from scratch. Every kid got a big pile of salt on scratch paper. Then we gave them vibrant colored chalk (mostly sidewalk) and had them color the salt. It took awhile to get them to make bright colors, but once they did, we bagged it up. Twenty plus bags of salt later (and after lunch) we poured it into baby food jars and made some awesome sand art. We had a ton of fun. Plus it really impressed some of the parents, haha, and that's always a perk! I had one mom raving about how beautiful sons' jars were. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...